Box Office Assistant
We are looking for a Box Office Assistant to join our vibrant team to work the Box Office for events throughout our concert season and the York Early Music Festivals in December and July.
You will act as the principle point of welcome to the NCEM and will be able to offer the highest levels of customer service to patrons in person and by telephone and to maximize sales for the NCEM. This role is perfect for someone wanting causal work within a wonderful setting - particularly for the York Early Music festival July 7tth - 15th 2017.
Place of work would be:
The National Centre for Early Music
St Margaret's Church
Roles and Responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- To arrive in time to open the box office punctually 1 hour before a performance.
- To open the Box Office at the start of a shift and close down at the end.
- Cash handling/ taking card payments
- To ensure the Box Office is tidy and well presented throughout the day/shift.
- To listen to answer-phone messages and to respond if relevant to the evening's shift.
- To distribute pre-paid and complimentary tickets to customers.
- To actively sell tickets pre-concert.
- In the absence of the Box Office Manager and with the Duty Manager, to release house seats on the day.
- To support Duty Manager and Front of House Staff.
- To be the principle point of welcome to the NCEM.
- To uphold the highest standard of customer service.
- To have a basic understanding of the NCEM concert and festival programme and to be able to advise customers accordingly
- To be aware of the fire evacuation and Health & Safety requirements and report any problems to the Duty Manager.
- Punctual, reliable and hard working.
- Excellent appearance and presentation.
- Keen interest in the arts, and the work of the National Centre for Early Music
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi task.
- Excellent proven interpersonal skills
- Strong communications skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- A calm and efficient manner.
- Strong IT skills
- Commitment to high levels of customer service, with experience of dealing with customers both in person and on the telephone.
- Proven ability in cash handling.
- Ability to work in the evenings.
- Experience of working in an arts venue
- Experience of computerised ticketing systems in particular Toptix/ SRO4.
- Availability to work during University Holidays.
- Experience in a customer facing role
The box office shifts are allocated every two months and vary according to staff availability and frequency (i.e. Christmas will be busier than August).
Pay: £25.00 per evening box office event and £7.50 p/hr for all other work & training.
For more information or to register your interest, please contact Rose Hall, Box Office Manager at email@example.com and attach a cover letter and CV including details of a referee.