We are looking for dynamic and professional individuals to join our bank of events staff working at weddings, conferences and other events.
The role is ideal for students and those seeking fun, flexible summer/holiday work.
Place of work would be:
The National Centre for Early Music
St Margaret's Church
York YO1 9TL
Roles and Responsibilities include some or all of the following:
Bar work for weddings and parties:
- Serving drinks
- Cash handling
- Restocking shelves and fridges
- Pouring and serving reception drinks
- Setting up and clearing away before and after an event
- Conference/meeting work to include:
- Serving tea/coffee refreshments
- Greeting delegates
- Assisting in the setup of technical facilities as required
Setting up for events:
- Setting out seating/tables
- Assembling/disassembling staging
- General housekeeping, tidying and preparing the venue for events
- Punctual, reliable, hard-working
- Able to work well alongside others
- Positive work ethic and genuine enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service
- Excellent appearance and presentation
- Hands-on attitude
- Confidence and initiative
- Over the age of 18 with the right to live and work in the UK
- Previous experience working in events or hospitality
- Availability during university holidays
Hourly Rate: £7.20ph
The work is mainly on Saturdays for weddings and parties and also midweek for conferences. Shifts are allocated on an ad hoc first come first served basis.
For more information or to register your interest, please contact Hannah Witcomb, Operations and Events Manager at Hannah.email@example.com and attach a cover letter and CV including details of a referee.